Monday 12 September 2011

Don't just be a raindrop...

Remember when you were little and you got excited when it rained? You'd run to put on your rainboots and coat, dashing for the door and the puddles that awaited you. I have to admit...I still love splashing outside when it pours. I don't wear rainboots anymore, and I have decided that a coat takes away the complete experience of being drenched in nature; but never has my love for splashing around in puddles ceased. When I see a puddle in the rain, I see a hundred tiny raindrops trying to make their mark. They make tons of ripples, but they collide with other raindrop's ripples and die out. They never seem to make much of a difference in the big picture. ... Okay, so maybe that's not the first thing I think of. To be honest, all I see is a puddle that needs to be splashed in. The deeper, the better. It's this uncontrollable urge to make my mark. To make a difference. Or to drench everyone around me. Usually it's the latter. But what I'm saying is that each one of us has a purpose for our life. We can try not to ripple the water as to not effect anyone around us, or we can make a splash and change the world in a radical way for God. Which will you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment