Friday 11 May 2012

Easily Injured Part 1

I am extremely accident prone. To put it bluntly, I am very easily injured. My friends like to joke that they're going to put me in a wheelchair. It's not like I am a wimp or anything, I mean, I've never broken any bones (of my own, that is. I did break my little brother's nose many years back, and my friend's finger last year). It's not as if I am a klutz or anything. I just always happen to end up with sprains and twists, cuts and bruises. After every injury, I think back and try to explain what happened, but I can never recall a specific time, event, or even a day for that matter.

Recently, I sprained my wrist. I think it had something to do with landing on it wrong when I was jumping down into a pushup position during an Insanity workout, but to be completely honest with you, I really can't recall when it started hurting exactly. My wrist has popped in and out over the years (I am a snowboarder, for sure), so I'm used to some kind of pain in my wrist. I just assume this wrist injury is from working out, since that's when I actually noticed the pain. But it could have started days or even weeks ago.

Too often, I'm easily knocked down in my spiritual life. I fall down one notch at a time, letting little things slip  here and there, and when I realize how far I fell, I have no idea how it happened. The devil knows that he can bring us down using small things. We should always be on our guard and ever keep our standards high. Let us be faithful in the little things, so that we can learn to be faithful when big things come our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment