Tuesday 30 October 2012

College Life

So it's been a little over a month since I started the "grand college adventure", and to be honest with you, it's been really fun. I've met a lot of people (and I mean A LOT), come to know the campus like the back of my hand, only missed a few classes (sometimes you just need more sleep), and settled into the rhythm of things. There's been ups and downs, but I think I'm finally getting the hang of being a college student. Here are some things that I've learned so far:

1.) Don't go to lunch at noon.

Seriously, don't do it. Around 12 o'clock everyone starts pouring into the cafeteria for lunch. This means long, long lines and you don't want to experience that, trust me. The best times are at 11 and 1.

2.) When working in the maclab, save your work.

I spent almost 2 hours designing a flyer for my graphics class, only to have the computer crash. Guess who hadn't saved their work. Yeah, that's right. I spent another hour and a half redesigning it. Trust me, I've learned my lesson.

3.) Get a planner.

It seemed too elementary school for me, so I didn't bother getting one. But several double-scheduled events and  last minute homework stakeouts late, I finally gave in. A planner is real lifesaver for someone unorganized like me.

4.) The cliches really are true.

You've probably seen this before:

1. Social Life
2. Good Grade
3. Adequate Sleep

PICK TWO
(welcome to college)

I have to say, I have found this to be pretty dead on. If you spend time with your friends and study, you end up going to bed late and having to wake up to go to those oh-so-hated 8 o'clock classes of yours (I don't think I'm going to pick any classes that early next quarter).

Don't get me wrong, college has been an awesome experience so far. I love all of my new friends and I'm definitely starting to get the hang of doing all three things in that list ( though I must admit that sleep still lacks a bit).

Well that's all for now, I have never-ending homework to work on.

1 comment:

  1. Aaaah so true!
    For example, the cliche of a "poor college student" is WAY MORE true than I ever thought it could be. And, my planner is my lifesaver every day. Or maybe I should say my life (it has all the details of my life, at least) :D
    And the Pick Two is also true... but [at least on the weekends] I usually pick social life over everything else... so it's like pick one. lol. and good grade wins. but I pretty much go to bed at 10 every night. so it's not that bad. :)
    Thanks for posting! Miss you! :(

    ReplyDelete