Friday 6 January 2012

Matty


Matthew Addison West. I have to admit, I didn't really like him when we first met. I thought he had a perfect life. I mean, he sure wasn't ugly, he was friends with everyone, his family wasn't poor, he was super spiritual, he was a genius, and he was one of the friendliest people I'd ever met. It's kinda silly, but I resented him for that. For being happy so easily. But as I got to know him, I realized that he was just a normal guy. He had problems just like anybody else. He made mistakes. And that's when we clicked. I don't remember when exactly I started calling him Matty, but I haven't really been able to call him anything else since. We have a surprising amount of things in common (and of course our share of differences) and have come to be great friends since then. Matty has taught me so much in the time that we've been friends, but most of all, he taught me not to judge people by how easy you think their life is. A skeptical start turned into an amazing friendship. Who woulda thunk?


No comments:

Post a Comment