Tuesday 15 November 2011

My Life with Frederick

Can I introduce you to someone? His name is Frederick. He is a huge part of my life. I cannot imagine living without him. It's been nine years since I first met him, and let me tell you, they have been an amazing nine years. I didn't really like him at first, but he definitely grew on me. Now, we're practically inseparable. I don't take my eyes off of him when he's around. Now, before you ask when the wedding is [and then make a pathetic excuse for why you can't make it], I'll let you in on a little secret.

Fredrick is my clarinet.

I am perfectly aware that it's weird to name your instrument, but you have to understand that Frederick and I have gone through a lot together. Wind, rain, snow, sand, and staining red dirt. Marching band, pep band, filming, orchestra, and polka band. He's even gone on a road trip across the United States.He's also been to Hawaii and back. No, he's not the nicest clarinet on the planet [in fact, I found him at a garage sale], but he sure is faithful.

2 comments:

  1. You got me on that one at first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sam, I am SO HAPPY I found your blog! BTW, I think frederick is a lovely name for your stalwart buddy. I still need to name my friend, I mean, it's been through quite a bit with me already, and to be nameless on top of that...tsk tsk, terrible me!
    Your Ducky!

    ReplyDelete