Monday 18 August 2014

Out of the Bubble



It's hard to understand things from others' points of view. I know what I think and feel, but I can only guess at what other's are experiencing. It's like we all have a bubble and even though we know that other people have thoughts, it feels like all life revolves around our little bubble, because from our perspective we control what happens.

It has come to my attention that my last post was a bit unfair to Kyle (I'm just gonna say his name because everyone was already thinking it), as I didn't offer his perspective, only what I assumed from his actions in my emotional state. I know that he didn't mean to make me feel "not Adventist enough" or bad for my problems. He's not perfect either and after talking to him about this I realize that I must publicly apologize for lashing out. He has always been a great friend to me and deserves better treatment.

I've always prided myself on my vulnerable writing style. I like my life and experiences to be an open book, so I didn't even think twice about posting the most recent one. But it was not just my life I was posting, it was also Kyle's and not even in a fair light. As a journalism student, one of the most important things I have learned thus far is that as a journalist it is my job to be truthful and factual, and I have failed on that. So I apologize to all of you for giving a one-sided view of the situation.

P.S. I will be posting more regularly on this blog this year, so be sure to keep checking in. I love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment